Coaches &Team Staff
Many team's coaching staff/officials are the parents of children on the team and will move with the team as they progress through the various age levels programs. Although volunteers, each member of the coaching staff is required at a minimum to commit to the following to be able to help on the bench. These policies help ensure the quality of hockey our children enjoy.
All CAL team officials/volunteers must:
- be familiar with the CAL Hockey Handbook.
- have a Speak Out/PRS Certification. (OMHA)
- have Gender Identity Training
- have a current Police Background Check.
- be familiar with specific role requirements(coach, trainer, manager, parent). See links below.
*The staff is accountable to both the CAL and the OMHA for their actions during practices, games and in tournaments. Any staff member found not following the rules can and has been suspended.
Team Officials (Official Order)
A team may have 5 rostered officials as outlined below:
- MUST Register at a minimum 1 individual as Head Coach & 1 individual as team trainer
- After the Coach & Trainer positions are filled, a 3rd team official may be registered as Manager
- 4th and 5th spots may include an Assistant Coach and/or Assistant Trainer
*Each team must have a Coach on the bench at each and a trainer available. You may use the opposing team trainer provided you seek their permission before the game starts and they are willing to sign the game sheet.
Certified and registered coaches & assistant coaches sixteen (16) years of age shall be restricted to coaching in Peewee and lower divisions and must be at least two years older than the division age they are coaching.
specific role information
Please use the following links for specific requirements and resources: