Tyke thru Midget schedules have now been updated until late fall. You will find the schedules by using the top menu, then clicking 'House League' or you can follow this link: SCHEDULES
The Church Athletic League is pleased to announce that this season(2018/19) we will be offering free clinics registered CAL goalies of all ages. The clinics will be led by dedicated CAL volunteers Andre Bouchard and Geoff MacDonald.
These clinics are designed to help the league’s new and current goaltenders learn and develop goaltending skills to improve their abilities and overall enjoyment of the game. It is also open to all CAL coaches to help them learn more goalie specific drills and how to better incorporate them in their team practice.
This 9-week program will take place on Sunday afternoons from 2:00-2:50 pm at the Memorial Centre from October 14 through December 9.
To register your goalie, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/
*In addition to the free goalie clinics, the league is offering a $75.00 rebate on goalie registration fees for the coming season. Rebate cheques will be processed once the season is underway.
On an annual basis, the Board of Directors of the Church Athletic League (CAL) shall accept applications, assess the qualifications of, and appoint a Referee-in-Chief who will carry out the duties of said position as outlined in this policy.
During the selection process, the CAL Board of Directors may call on other qualified individuals not elected to the Board of Directors to assist in the selection of the Referee-in-Chief.
The selected Referee-in-Chief will serve for one calendar year, from July 1st of each year through to June 30th of the successive year, unless otherwise removed from the position by a majority vote of the CAL Board of Directors.
Accordingly, the Referee-in-Chief (RIC) will receive an annual stipend, to be set by the CAL Board of Directors annually during the application period for the position. The annual stipend will be paid on a schedule agreed to by the CAL Board and the RIC.
The RIC of the CAL assumes all responsibility for, and oversight of, the officials and officiating program of the CAL. This includes but is not limited to:
- Recruits, selects and assists with credentials a pool of high-quality referees to officiate all CAL games and CAL organized tournaments;
- Provides and/or arranges any necessary referee clinics, training sessions or other programming needed to credential potential referees, enhance the skills or existing referees and/or improve the performance of referees not meeting the minimal standards;
- Prepares, schedules, assigns and distributes a duty roster (digitally or otherwise) demonstrating coverage for all applicable CAL on-ice hockey events;
- Monitors, assesses and provides feedback to active referees regarding their knowledge and application of the rules of hockey and their on-ice performance. This includes the referee’s punctuality as well as their outward appearance;
- Understands the procedures that referees are expected to follow regarding game or other related incidents;
- Communicates regularly with the CAL President, Board of Directors, Hockey Committee and the roster of referees regarding all matters pertinent to on-ice officials and to the rules and regulations;
- Assists the CAL President, Board of Directors and Disciplinary Committee in disciplinary matters related to referees, players, Association Members or others;
- Attends Hockey Committee meetings, training sessions and other events relevant to the position of RIC; and
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the CAL President;
The qualified individual will hold valid referee certification from Hockey Canada, possess and demonstrate knowledge and interpretation of the rules and other related and relevant policies and procedures. The RIC will possess excellent organizational skills as well as demonstrate effective leadership qualities i.e., communication, passion, positivity, innovation and collaboration.
Juvenile House League
Due to low registration numbers @ Juvenile - This Progam has been cancelled
The Church Athletic League will be having a Juvenile House League Program in the 2018-2019 season. This program is open to players who are 18, 19 & 20 years of age (born 1998 - 2000)
Juvenile teams will be permitted to play Exhibition Games with other Centres, and play in Tournaments.
Online registration is now available. Space is limited.
Deffered Payment Plan is also available to all players. Simply print off the Payment by Cheque Form, and mail it along with your post-dated cheques to the CAL Office. This Program will only go forward if registration numbers warrant a commitment to play.
The Church Athletic League (CAL) is accepting applications for the position of Referee-in-Chief for the 2018/19 season. The Referee-in-Chief (RIC) will receive an annual stipend, to be set by the CAL Board of Directors annually during the application period for the position. Please click 'More Information' below for the details, duties, and information on how to apply for this position. Thank you for your interest.